The National Maritime Museum is formed from the Queen's House and two separate wings, joined by colonnades. The museum was first opened in 1937.
The west and east wings, plus the linking colonnades, were built in 1807-16 by Daniel Alexander as extensions to the Naval Asylum School, which had recently moved into the Queen's House.
The west wing has become much larger than the east because of a number of later extensions, and this holds the main body of the museum. The east wing is mostly used for special exhibitions and the Queens House has an exhibition detailing it's history.
|To get there from the Americana; take the Jubilee Line southbound from Baker Street to Canary Wharf and change to the DLR. Take the DLR southbound to Cutty Sark, the museum is signposted from there.|
- From UK £ 101.00 Christmas Shopping
Nov. 09, 2014 - Dec. 13, 2014
- From UK £ 95.00 Xmas in London
Dec. 14, 2014 - Dec. 25, 2014
- From UK £ 106.00 Shop like there's no tomorrow
Dec. 26, 2014 - Jan. 03, 2015
- From UK £ 79.00 Recovery Period
Jan. 04, 2015 - Jan. 29, 2015
- From UK £ 91.00 Winter Break
Jan. 30, 2015 - Mar. 22, 2015
- From UK £ 117.00 Capital Weekend
Apr. 07, 2014 - Jan. 14, 2015